Sometimes when I’m down, I search inside of me to find faith again. When I am unable to find the faith, I look externally. Some timely reminders that I read when I can’t find faith.
“Whenever you see a successful person, you only see the public glories, never the private sacrifices to reach them.” –Vaibhav Shah
- ✔️ Future self: Your future self can’t be trusted because we are time inconsistent. Anticipate how you will self-sabotage in the future, and come up with a solution today to defeat your future self.
- People you love: Make time for people you love and people that are important to you. I seldom eat dinners, but I’m making other times for important people.
- ✔️ Productivity: Ultra-productive people free their minds by writing everything down as the thoughts come to them. It helps when I review my notebook once in a while too.
- ✔️ Unproductive time: Schedule time for unproductive but necessary activities. E.g. schedule time to process emails, social media and messages quickly and efficiently.
- Meetings: “Never take meetings unless someone is writing a check.” – Mark Cuban. If you do run a meeting, keep it short and to the point. I’m learning to balance this, a meeting to make friends and a business meeting. Often the lines are blurred, I’m still figuring this out.
- ✔️ Time: If something is not a ‘Fuck Yes’ then it’s a no. 1,440 minutes a day, Don’t give them away easily.
- ✔️ 80/20: Ultra-productive people know which activities drive the greatest results. Focus on those and ignore the rest.
- ✔️ Tasks: Good enough is, well, good enough.
- ✔️ Morning habits: plenty of water, meditate and 5-min journaling
- Energy: You can’t make more minutes in a day, but you can increase your energy to increase your attention, focus, and productivity. Working on this with meditation by being focused and present in the moment.
Always have faith.