We are very different people at different times of our lives, in different contexts, or with different people. We have this illusion of self as a single thing, but in reality we have many selves who are very different over time. It is when we lose something that we have tied our identity to that we have a death of self. These can be there hardest times in life, when we really lose ourself. They can also be the most amazing when we truly find ourselves. That is life.
Of everything that happened to me, one of the greatest gifts is rebirth in life.
Rebirth in Life
If I can classify my life chapters in rebirths, it probably goes like this:
- Chapter 1: Beginning and Constructing. This chapter talks about my growing as a person, absorbing as I learn, and focus on learning without questioning. This includes hard skills with understanding of fundamental principles and honing soft skill-sets like speaking, reading, communicating, perseverance, etc. (0-15)
- Chapter 2: Questioning and Deconstructing. This chapter talks about the deconstruction of everything I have built in chapter one. It questions basic fundamentals like what is the reason for being, what values do I uphold, who am I when I have nothing left, what do I want my life to be. (15-17)
- Chapter 3: Rebuilding and Foundation. This chapter begins the building of new foundations, testing the old foundations and exploring options and routes. (17-19)
- Chapter 4: Challenging Foundations. This chapter talks about expanding my sights to more than what I am comfortable in. My curiosity got better of me and brought me to new heights. I picked up new skills, changed belief systems and challenged status quo. And really, just gather new experiences in my basket. (19-21)
- Chapter 5: Playing. Life is not fun without play. I maximised my play through doing everything I love and added-value along the way. Fell and stood up again. Made mistakes and learnt from there. It is all about standing up every time I fall. Falling is not failure, it is just a feedback and a test of the reality in my head. Sometimes it works, sometimes it does not. When it does not, I change and experiment with new models of reality. (21-24)
- Chapter 6: New Beginnings. And here we go, entering a new phase in life. (25-?)
I talked a lot about dying, because I think dying is a good thing. We kill parts that we don’t like and reborn with a brand new self. It’s like an iOS update, removing the bugs and adding new features.
I wish you all the best in dying. In death do we live again. These are parts of life. I hope you will take the time to understand who you truly are and find out who you want to become.