The theme of 2021 is discomfort.
As I sit here looking at my pictures, reading my reflections of 2021 and looking back at my first post on 2021, my heart is filled with so much joy and happiness. 2021 was extremely fun yet also incredibly stressful. I have grown so much, and I’m incredible proud of myself and grateful for the people who have been along this journey with me.
I chose discomfort for 2021 because I know that this journey is not easy. I have to consciously choose discomfort and be comfortable with it. This path I chose is not easy, otherwise, everyone would have done it.
Was it all good? Maybe yes because I accomplished a lot. But also maybe no, because I broke down so many times. And had stressful tears every other week. Discomfort might be good, but having built-in constraints can help.
2021, I went out of my comfort zone. I had to learn quick, level up quick and apply the learnings in a swift and accurate manner. There were mistakes and breaking points along the way; I’m glad everything always works out in the end.
- Found a new place and moved out despite the pandemic still happening. The excuses were delayed for a year and I can’t delay any longer!
- Opened up to more friends and really choosing to be vulnerable with them
- Hiring brilliant people in the team and learning to grow all together
- Connected and reached out to more people to form meaningful friendships
- Upgraded my wardrobe to be more “professional” friendly instead of “young partying girl”. That was expensive.
- Research collaborations with external parties
- Nerd out on difficult topics like physics and unpacked so much potential application
- Booked a ticket to US just because
- A very amazing last 2 months in Singapore, just living life the way it should be lived
- Everything in the US was both exciting and meaningful
- Above all, major decisions in work, really stressed and broke down but stood up again. I’m proud of that.
2022, your theme is intentions. I want to be intentional of how I spend my time, who I spend my time with and where my energy is being invested in. It’s a beautiful year. I feel it. We will kick butts.
Thank you 2021. Thank you for teaching me discomfort. I’m learning to be better at it. Let’s be intentional this year.