He is everything I’ve imagined but better. He gets me. We simply connected. It felt right. We’ve tried everything we could and I have zero regrets. I love him and will still always love him. Just another way this time. Here’s our real love.
- ‘I’m your girl,’ she said in the dark. ‘Your girl. No matter what I’m always your girl.’ — Ernest Hemingway, The Garden Of Eden
I’m still his girl, always his girl. It broke me a little when I know he has a new girl. Not because there’s a new girl, but because I’m not his girl anymore. She is such a beautiful and lovely soul. And I know I’m always his girl. He has another name for her now.
- I hope our daughters are born with so much fire in their souls, they could put volcanoes and stars to shame. — Nikita Gill, Girls Made of Fire
I remembered that night in Bangkok. We suddenly talked about family and having a family together. And in New York, we talked about children. It’s the first time I thought about really raising kids with someone. Not about the idea of having, as is with V, but the real idea of raising. And he said we would have the best children.
- Get to the point in life when you dream of not what you want but of what you already have — anonymous poet’s society
I never thought love would be anything like this. This is real. This is what grown-up, post-fairytale love is like. Everything in life was what I wanted. It isn’t all smooth sailing and there were bumps along the way. But we stick through it and rode the waves. I’m so grateful for him.
- Love her, but leave her wild. — Harper Lee, To Kill a Mockingbird
He simply knows when to leave me wild, when to hug me, when to provide his shoulders. He looks into my eyes and already knows me better than I know me.
- You have a place in my heart no one else ever could have. — F. Scott Fitzgerald, The Ice Palace
As it is with V, they have a permanent place in my heart individually. I’ve loved him without reservations, with every of my being and in the past, present and future. He has a forever home in my little full heart. I’m just so lucky to have him in my life.
- I love you wildly, insanely, infinitely. — Boris Pasternak, Doctor Zhivago
Anything less when it comes to love is just pointless.
- I read once that the ancient Egyptians had fifty words for sand & the Eskimos had a hundred words for snow. I wish I had a thousand words for love, but all that comes to mind is the way you move against me while you sleep & there are no words for that. — Brian Andreas, Story People
I could write books and more chapters about the real love, the fairy-tales, the reality, the hard truths, the struggles, the little happy things. But there will never be enough words for how much I love him. It’s simply just magic.
- “What I have with you I don’t want with anyone else.”
and I don’t think I ever will. It makes me both really sad but also grateful to have experienced such great love.
- You are so brave and quiet I forget you are suffering. — Ernest Hemingway, A Farewell to Arms
My safe place, my mountain of support, my definition of safety. Sometimes I forget that he’s also fighting his battles. A couple that shares trouble and happiness is the couple that survives it all. I’m so grateful that he shared some battles with me. And I’m most grateful that he supported me though my sad-face times.
- Some days in late August at home are like this, the air thin and eager like this, with something in it sad and nostalgic and familiar… — William Faulkner, The Sound and the Fury
Going for a walk by the river during sunset in August. Or the magnificent sunset we saw on our road trip in Scotland. Or random flower surprises. There’s something in the air for autumn, and I love that sweet memories.
- You know you’re in love with somebody when you wake up next to them, comfortable despite your breath smelling like the week-old water at the bottom of a vase, when you are terribly excited to see them, to talk to them again, having missed them after all that sleep. — Elliot Perlman, Seven Types of Ambiguity
And thus concluding mornings. Kisses when he wakes up early for meditation, or me returning in the middle of the night after a party to snuggle up with him. Or weekend breakfast in bed while watching Billions. It’s the little things.
- Think of the first time you slept with someone, or the first time you fell in love: that blinding explosion that left you crackling to the fingertips with electricity, initiated and transformed. I tell you that was nothing, nothing at all, besides the power of putting your lives, simply and daily, into each other’s hands. — Tana French, In the Woods
I remembered the time I first told him I love him. It was raining in Bangkok and we were running to look for shelter to get a cab. The street was quiet and empty. He put his hands over me while looking for an Uber on his phone. I just looked at him and knew that I would spend the rest of my soul loving this man. He looked at me and asked what I was thinking. I said “nothing”, but I know he knew.
- It’s scary to think that the person you’re meant to be with is out there, possibly on the other side of the world and there’s only a tiny chance that the two of you will meet in this life time. — Kanashimi Raven
I would never in my life, be able to calculate the coincidence of us meeting. Like a butterfly flapping its wings, everything was just a true coincidence of life happenings. The other side of the world indeed, and we met, fell in love and the rest is history.
- We really had nothing to do but drink wine and make love. — Charles Bukowski, Factotum
If I can summarise my love, it’s just to drink wine and make love. We did have more beers and bubbles though. But we always had a couple of bottles of wine in every country we travelled to.
- He was her safe place. When she was broken, he held her tight until she felt whole again. When she was lost in her own mind, he found a way to bring her back again. When she was weak, he helped her find her strength again. When she was scared to trust any one, he proved to her that she could trust again. — He was her home.
I have never trusted someone like I’ve trusted him. He made me whole again. He saw me in a way the world has never ever seen me. I don’t know if I can trust someone again the way I trust him, because he has set the bar so high. He’s amazing.
- And,“ she said, “if you have someone who stays up with you in the middle of the night to make sure you’re okay – somebody who answers your calls at 2 or 3 or 4am – someone who listens to your sobs, or your silence, or your words with patience, you have somebody who loves you. And you’re lucky for it. And no matter how dark things get, you shouldn’t forget that. — Sue Zhao
A call away, a plane ticket away, a hug away. To have someone to love you unconditionally like that is everything I’ve dreamt of. Oh how lucky I am, I’m still counting my blessings.
- When the right one comes along, you figure it out. You move mountains, you change your life and you do whatever it takes to keep them with you. — Jay Crownover, Jet
and that is where you know someone really wants you in their lives. When it’s right, you just figure it out.
- I’ve noticed something about people who make a difference in the world: They hold the unshakable conviction that individuals are extremely important, that every life matters. They get excited over one smile. They are willing to feed one stomach, educate one mind, and treat one wound. They aren’t determined to revolutionize the world all at once; they’re satisfied with small changes. Over time, though, the small changes add up. Sometimes they even transform cities and nations, and yes, the world. — Beth Clark
He has only made me a better person than before.
- I love you very much. I loved you from the first day I met you, and I still feel the same. If I hadn’t met you, my life would have been unbearable. For that I am grateful beyond words. — Haruki Murakami, South of the Border, West of the Sun
I can’t imagine a life without him. His support, his strength, his hugs when I needed them. I’m so grateful, so thankful, so blessed.
- Have you ever lost yourself in a kiss? I mean pure psychedelic inebriation. Not just lustful petting but transcendental metamorphosis when you became aware that the greatness of this being was breathing into you. Licking the sides and corners of your mouth, like sealing a thousand fleshy envelopes filled with the essence of your passionate being and then opened by the same mouth and delivered back to you, over and over again – the first kiss of the rest of your life. A kiss that confirms that the universe is aligned, that the world’s greatest resource is love…all kisses are metaphors decipherable by allocations of time, circumstance, and understanding. — Saul Williams
Kisses at the back of a cab.
- Nothing more attractive than a hard working and ambitious man. A man who is disciplined and structured but still ensures that his woman is his main priority.
- Because when something happens, she’s the person I want to tell. The most basic indicator of love. — David Levithan, Every Day
Every single day.
- I just want someone who will love me. when I do not know how to love myself. Beau Taplin, “Priorities”
And you have loved me when I’m no lovable, when I’m stopped loving myself, when I don’t know how to love myself. I am me because you love me.
Thank you for the love and continuous love. I’m most lucky to have you in my life.