It’s genuinely so easy to get caught up with all the mindless entertainment going on around the world. Now is genuinely the golden age to be alive. With the internet, there are endless free and quality resources to tap on and continuously learn and upgrade oneself.
As the world gets more complicated, so are we. It is a responsibility for us to make it a mission to keep upgrading and keep learning. I, too, suffer from the distraction that the internet brings. Why? Because it’s easy. It’s easy to surf the web mindlessly and be entertained by pointless time-wasters.
I’m learning to be more conscious when that happens, and to provide solutions. So here are some resources that will teach you great things. The world is changing; school is not confined by the four-walls, but anywhere where you can learn. What a wonderful life, isn’t it!
- edX— Take online courses from the world’s best universities.
- Coursera — Take the world’s best courses, online, for free.
- Coursmos — Take a micro-course anytime you want, on any device.
- Highbrow — Get bite-sized daily courses to your inbox.
- Skillshare — Online classes and projects that unlock your creativity.
- Curious — Grow your skills with online video lessons.
- lynda.com — Learn technology, creative and business skills.
- CreativeLive — Take free creative classes from the world’s top experts.
- Udemy — Learn real world skills online.
How To Code
This will become the essential skill of the next century.
- Codecademy — Learn to code interactively, for free.
- Stuk.io — Learn how to code from scratch.
- Udacity — Earn a Nanodegree recognized by industry leaders.
- Platzi — Live streaming classes on design, marketing and code.
- Learnable — The best way to learn web development.
- Code School — Learn to code by doing.
- Thinkful — Advance your career with 1-on-1 mentorship.
- Code.org — Start learning today with easy tutorials.
- BaseRails — Master Ruby on Rails and other web technologies.
- Treehouse — Learn HTML, CSS, iPhone apps & more.
- One Month — Learn to code and build web applications in one month.
- Dash — Learn to make awesome websites.
Work with Data
Data is the next oil of the next century. Data is pointless if it is just information. However, analysing and interpreting the data is where the value-add is found.
- DataCamp — Online R tutorials and data science courses.
- DataQuest— Learn data science in your browser.
- DataMonkey — Develop your analytical skills in a simple, yet fun way.
Learn Something New
YouTube, Podcasts, Books. These are great resources, and here’s more.
- TED-Ed — Find carefully curated educational videos
- Khan Academy— Access an extensive library of interactive content.
- Guides.co — Search the largest collection of online guides.
- Squareknot — Browse beautiful, step-by-step guides.
- Learnist — Learn from expertly curated web, print and video content.
- Prismatic — Learn interesting things based on social recommendation.